Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Yeah....Leah and I are in a serious fight...

You know that cardinal rule to never go to bed angry?  Well last night, I could barely stop pacing my bedroom and I'm still furious today.  I fought for Leah.  Every week that she got a rose, I knew her time would come.  I knew Ben would give her a chance and that he saw something in her.  It turns out none of us knew her at all.  Leah is sneaky and petty and just plain old mean.  We're in a fight.

I digress...

From this point on in any season of The Bachelor/ettte, you can count on one thing- a whoooooole lotta crying.  Feelings are growing, emotions are running high and everyone is just drop dead confused and insecure about where they stand with the person they're dating who happens to be dating many other women.  #roughlife

Last week's episode ended with Ben asking to talk to Olivia right before the rose ceremony and then a big ol' "To be continued" across the screen.  We all knew Olivia would somehow talk in circles around Ben and he wouldn't want to take the rose from her and she would walk back into that rose ceremony and all of the other girls would make bitchy faces.  Am I right or am I right?

Olivia believes she's super smart and incredibly exceptional.  To prove her intellectual depth, she told Ben, "I want to talk smart things." She's so deep that tears don't even come out of her eyes when she's crying.  She just whimpers and dabs at her eyes.  It's like air crying.  Olivia is obnoxious, self-centered and incredibly annoying.  She does say some offside things but I don't believe she is a malicious person.




Can I take a moment to address the horrific half up top knot issue going on in the house?  Last week it was Becca and now Lauren B. is walking around town with a stupid clump on the top of her noggin.  If you couldn't tell, I hate hate hate this look.  I love a top knot but the half up kills me.  If you are thinking about trying this hairstyle- don't.  Just don't.  See how sad this model looks??






Caila was the first girl this season to get a second 1-on-1 date.  This obvious made some girls nervous and it made Leah downright irate.  Caila is smokin' hot. Her body is insanely perfect.  She seems sweet but Ben hasn't really seen the relaxed, laid back side of Calia.  He was digging a bit during their dinner date to learn more.  Calia told Ben she was falling in love with him but quickly switched gears and said she's afraid to hurt him.  Her speech was really confusing.  I thought she was about to walk out of there but then turned it around with a "I'm ready for this". She'll be the one dumped after hometowns.  Also- have you ever seen the commercials for the game Paradise Bay?  Calia looks a lot like the character!

The group dates are getting tense!  Numbers are dwindling and the girls are getting a look at Ben's relationships with everyone else.  If I was Leah, I would be at my wits' end too.  He has spent zero time with her and it's hard to understand why he's kept her around for so long. We also found out that lives 10 mins from Ben.  That's pure torture.  They're bound to see each other again and it is going to be awk-ward.

I've been to the Bahamas a bunch of times and I'm so pissed that I didn't know about those swimming pigs.  Who thought of this date?  In a way, it's incredible.  In another way, it's so weird.  At one point, Leah was trying to have a conversation with Ben and a giant pig was just oinking at their ankles.

I was so happy to see the girls' hair looking horrible.  When I'm in the Caribbean, my curly hair is a mess the whole time and I'm thrilled to know this happens to gorgeous girls traveling with a TV crew too.

Has Becca's annunciation improved since Chris' season?  She's still fairly mumbley but much easier to understand.  I hope she promotes her speech therapist on Instagram soon.

Ladies, ladies ladies...  If you are planning to go on The Bachelor, you need to know one thing. The absolute kiss of death is when you spend your one-on-one time talking crap about others. If there's one thing a guy doesn't want to hear, it's a girl complaining about another girl; especially if that other person is someone he really likes. Even if the guy asks, just be vague and air on the kind side.  You have a whole house full of girls you can bitch to.

I cannot believe that Leah really said those things about Lauren B.  Really?!  Lauren B.?!?!  Does she know this is being filmed?  Lauren B. seems really close with pretty much all of the girls.  When Becca asked Leah if she said anything, she didn't even try to make something up.  She flat out did the "No!  I would never!!!"  Why did you do that, Leah.  Why?!  She deserved to get sent packing.  Maybe she was getting desperate or bitter but good on Ben for seeing through her nastiness and not making her sit around the house any longer.  I'm worried that, because of their close proximity at home, she's going to make his life a living hell after all of this.  I predict a restraining order in Leah's near future.

The 2-on-1 dates have really been evolving over the past few seasons.  I look back at Jake's season when he took best friends Ashley S. and Ashley H.  He really liked them both and they were equally great girls.  Jake just needed to figure out which one he liked more.  Oh my god... do you remember Ali's season when she left Kasey standing on a mountain while she and Justin flew away in a helicopter?!  And that was after Kasey showed her the tattoo he got to prove his devotion...  Now, the 2-on-1's are more good vs. evil and the girls are often rivals.




The weather during the 2-on-1 is a production team's dream to foreshadow the stormy seas ahead for either Emily or Olivia.  Could they have modified the location just a bit?  At least have something a bit more interactive than sitting on a beach in the freezing cold.  Ben always has a sweater or a coat while the girls are stuck in bathing suits and sheer cover-ups.  I'll cut to the chase and just start rejoicing that we no longer have to listen to Olivia talk about how much better she is than everybody else.  Emily is definitely genuine and really funny.   I like her so much more since her twin Hailey was dumped in front of her whole family in their living room.  I don't think there are romantic vibes between Emily and Ben but she's a great girl.  The twins are gimmes for Paradise Island.


How do the producers come up with these post-dump scenes?!  They are so incredible.  I don't know how they're not up for some sort of artistic Emmy.

Olivia was left on this little strip of rocks and sand in nothing short of a hurricane as Ben and Emily took a boat back to who-knows-where.  Olivia didn't really seem that torn up about getting dumped.  She was more surprised that she wasn't "winning" and that Ben wasn't falling for her act.







Ben decided he didn't need a cocktail party before the rose ceremony.  Chris Harrison told the girls it was because he had his mind made up but I think it's because the Coast Guard was trying to fish him out of the ocean after the ridiculous scene of him standing on a cliff... in his suit... in hurricane force winds and rain... #unsafe




I wasn't shocked to see Lauren H. pack her crayons and head back to her kindergarten class.  She's a really nice girl but her connection with Ben was lacking in wattage for sure.  Can we call Lauren B. just Lauren now?  Screw you, Leah.

What are your hometown visit predictions?  I'm thinking Emily is gonzo next week.  I'm calling Lauren (B. of course!), JoJo, Amanda and Caila.  Becca will get dumped right before hometowns. Share your thoughts and comments below!!
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs