Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

...trying to get up that great big hill of hope... for a destination...

Considering my abundance of time, motivation and desire, this blogging thing is way harder than it looks.  I thought I could come on here once and week and share stories, clever antidotes, even inspirational quotes and ideas but one very important thing seems to be lacking- a focused point of view.

I look at Food Network stars, shows like Anna and Christina's Shopping Bag, friends who are passionate about yoga and mommy bloggers.  I want to have the charisma of Carrie Bradshaw, the sense of humour of Ashley Spivey, the great tips of the Smart Cookies.  But I feel more like Bridget Jones.

I want to tell the almost-30-something women out there that you CAN make your own crust for chicken pot pie and your entire kitchen will be covered in flour and bits of dough but that's ok!  People need to know which candles and shower gels are the best and what tea to drink with which book.  Everyone must be dying to know what Songza playlist I've been listening to when I work or cook or dance or just to unwind at the end of the day.  Don't you care what class I went to at the gym this week?!  Who do I think will win Sean's heart on this season of the Bachelor?!  Wouldn't you like to know...

So perhaps I just have to put things out there and a point of view will come together.  I'll leave it in the hands of the cyberverse to steer me toward courage, focus, articulation and an openness to create.

Your patience, feedback and readership are greatly appreciated.

Follow me on Twitter: @darbyvt

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs