Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Is that a heart monitor or are you just happy to see me?! GRC Week 6- Cheesecake for Two

Well...  we did it!  We all survived another Valentine's Day.  I don't think it's as bad as most people do.  In fact, I spent my whole day yesterday feeling very loved without a single flower, corny card or box of chocolates.  And I'm happy about it!!  I think February 14th is a great excuse to reach out to friends and family and wish them a great day.  Sure sure...  I doooo have a significant other but we never make a big deal out of things.  We went for dinner after work and hung out for the evening at home.  No embarrassing at-work flower deliveries or PDA.  But now it's the 15th and we can all go back to texting at the table and putting on our sweats the minute we get in the door at night.

Speaking of hearts, I have this little gem strapped to me 24/7 for 14 days:

It's a very stylish and oh-so comfortable heart monitor that is (hopefully) the last step in clearing me for any kind of medical concern since my fainting incident a few weeks ago.  It's like having a light weight baby that you don't have to feed.  I'm getting pretty good at dressing to disguise it but running out of options for being in public.  I'm a bit of a cyborg.  T came up with the idea that, if I put the monitor on my back, I'll look like the people on reality TV with mic packs.  Truuuue...  I still have to wear a scarf when leaving the house to cover up the electrodes on both collar bones.  I don't know how T keeps his hands off me...  Did I mention that the vast majority of people are allergic to the jelly on the electrodes so I'll likely have massive red circular welts all over me for the next month??  Hot stuff coming through.


With all of my time hiding inside like the Hunchback of Notre Dame and love being in the air, I decided to try a dessert this week for the Great Recipe Challenge (Week 6).  I'm not a huge dessert lover but I wanted to give it a go for a special occasion.  I made Cheesecake for Two from the Weekend Gourmande.

I've been under the impression that cheesecake is really complicated and time consuming but this wasn't at all!  I purchased two pyrex oven-safe bowls (2 cups each) at the grocery store.  I added in chocolate chips after mixing everything together as the recipe suggests.  This was definitely more than enough for two people.  In fact, T and I split one and couldn't even finish it.  It could easily be divided into four smaller portions.  Great for impressing dinner guests!  I made the hearts on top by placing a small heart-shaped cookie cutter on top of the cooled cheesecakes then dusted cocoa powder through my tea infuser onto the cut-out.  So cute!  We give this a D&T stamp of approval with an 8/10.  It's not life changing cheesecake but it's really yummy and easy to make.  There are lots of variations with fruit toppings or lemon filling.

Have a great weekend and keep that love flowing!  Comment below or tweet me your suggestions or recipe ideas!  @darbyvt

1 comment:

Leah said...

Lovely Lady,

I have made these cheesecakes no less then 3 times. DELISH.

Thank you!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs