Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

A love letter to my Gal Pals

Don't we all just want to have a friendship like Selena Gomez does with Demi Lovato?!  Just look at them... (You can fulfill your burning desires to see more shocking female celebrity friendships here)

All throughout my life, and especially over the past decade, I've really never understood the importance of surrounding myself with other women.  I had a few close girlfriends in high school and again through university but I've always considered myself to be a bit of a guys' girl.  Hanging out with guys was more relaxed, more fun and a whole lot less work.  For the last half of my time at university, I lived off campus in a 10 bedroom house as the sole female tenant.   To me, spending a lot of time around other girls meant wearing next to nothing at the bar, consuming fruity drinks, wearing make up to go to the library and watching reality dating shows every night (*cough*).

But now that I'm in my almost-30's and facing some pretty major life events, I am really starting to get the importance of strong relationships with girlfriends.  We really do need one another for support, encouragement, non-judgemental crying sessions and general happiness.  You need girlfriends to tell you your scarf is "cute" or how great your new highlights are.  You need them to tell you what pregnancy is actually like and to watch endless videos of Justin Timberlake on Jimmy Fallon.  We shouldn't sit around hating one another because we all have our stories, our struggles, our hormones...  No one loves a good mean-tweet during the Bachelor more than me but (who IS she?!) but I'm learning that no one will be able to relate to me more than my gal pals.  Besides, who is going to chat pop culture topics with me when I'm 100?!
So here's a big cheers and a Happy Valentine's weekend to all of the gorgeous, strong and inspiring women in my life.  Tell me about the wonderful ladies that inspire you @darbyvt #galpals




1 comment:

Kari said...

well said. :)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs