Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

A few of my favorite thiiiiiiings (and GRC Week 4)

Who says Oprah is the only one who can have a list of favorite things?  If "favorite things" has some sort of a copyright, please don't sue me Oprah or staff!!

Since the month is coming to a close, I wanted to share a few favorite things I've been smelling/using/eating/drinking/watching so that you can enjoy them too!

Favorite Candle:  Cinnamon Frosting by Bath & Body Works
Vanilla, cloves and buttermilk all melted together in a waxy ball of goodness.  I love love love BBW 3 wick candles as they last for so long and have really lovely scents that aren't too perfumey or over powering.
Cinnamon Frosting Candle by BBW
Favorite Shower Gel:  Sea Island Cotton by Bath & Body Works
I maaaaaayyyyyy have a total of 15 BBW shower gels in my linen closet right now.  I'm a wee bit particular with which scents correspond with which seasons.  One can't walk around smelling like a Japanese Cherry Blossom in October!!  For instance, I have one scent, Bali Mango, that I will only use during the summer and when I'm in the Caribbean for work or on vacation.  The gels are arranged by season in the closet.  The same is true for my 11 bottles of BBW hand soap.
Sea Island Cotton Shower Gel by BBW
I keep three scents in my shower at all times and I switch them out, whether they are empty or not, depending on the weather.  One is my going out gel which is always a scent I really love and don't want to use up too quickly.  The second is one I use if I have a a work event or some sort of social occasion and wanted to smell nice but not going-out-nice.  Then, the third, is more of an everyday just-around-the-house or got-back-from-the-gym soap that isn't anything too special but that I still really enjoy.  Sea Island Cotton is the perfect third soap because it smells like... well... soap!  It has a nice light scent and reminds me a bit of fresh clean laundry.  Mmmmmmm...

Favorite Tea:  Earl's Garden by David's Tea
If you like (or love) Earl Grey tea, you will like (or love) Earl's Garden.  I bought a bag for a friend one time and she loved it so she got me hooked on it.  I then got my mother hooked on it and I just recommended it to another friend this morning.  It has the coziness of Earl Grey but with hints of strawberries, raspberries and black currant.
Earl's Garden Tea by David's Tea
Favorite TV Personality:  Parker Schnabel from Gold Rush Alaska
Judge away but T and I spend our Sunday nights watching shows about gold mining.  Gold Rush Alaska followed by Bering Sea Gold followed by, our personal favorite, Jungle Gold.  Despite the fact that George and Scott on Jungle Gold are completely jacked badass hotties who run around Ghana putting armed men in chokeholds, Parker Schabel completely warms my heart.
Parker Schnabel from Gold Rush Alaska
He's this adorable teenage kid who works so hard to continue the gold mining legacy of his 93-year-old grandfather, John.  He's so sweet and I just love him.

Favorite Recipe:  No-Bake Energy Bites by Gimme Some Oven
You didn't think I'd end this without including my GRC Week 4 recipe did you?!  I never have difficulty finding good dinner ideas but I struggle with breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the week.  This little nuggets are great to have in the fridge to grab whenever you need a boost.  They took about 30 seconds to throw together and will stay fresh in the fridge for about a week.  I used Banana Nut instant oatmeal by Quaker.
No-Bake Energy Bites by Gimme Some Oven

What are some of your favorite products and recipes?  Comment below or tweet me @darbyvt.


1 comment:

Ali S said...

nom nom nom. Can't wait to try the Earl's Garden!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs